The Stress Physiology Research Group collaborates with (inter)national companies and institutes on a global scale for specific research topics.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Quantification of management related stressors such as animal density, light regime, water quality, etc. in order to reduce chronic stress and to optimize overall animal performance and welfare.
- The optimization of fish diets throughout the production cycle including but not limited to testing:
- the influence of different combinations, concentrations, origins, etc. of single or multiple ingredients;
- new ingredients; and
- the effect of pre-and probiotics as well as other supplements on the stress level experienced by fish in time and subsequently on the overall performance of the fish in time.
- The identification, quantification and subsequent mitigation of chronic stress in aquaculture and husbandry to obtain a more sustainable and animal welfare minded food production. Contribution to an animal welfare label from an animal based stress physiological point of view.